The Smartmove Academy is a paid 26 week training program aimed at being able to produce a high performing broker regardless of prior industry knowledge or experience.
It is a stepped learning program which builds on the knowledge gained in the prior weeks & months. The 26 weeks is broken down into 2 parts as follows:
Part 1 – The Formal Learning
- Approximately 10 weeks
- The formal qualifications (Certificate IV & Diploma in Mortgage & Finance Broking Management)
- Industry Association Membership (Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia – MFAA)
- Aggregator Accreditation (Australian Finance Group – AFG)
- Lender Accreditations with our panel of 50 lenders
- Weekly group mentoring sessions with the Head of the Academy
Part 2 – The Practical Learning
- Approximately 16 weeks
- 4 x 4 week placements working side by side with existing Smartmove brokers working on all aspects of the process
- Weekly 1 on 1 mentoring sessions with the Head of the Academy
Throughout the 26 weeks
- Regular Masterclasses on:
- Technical skills – Servicing, Self-employed lending, Bridging Finance, Expat Lending, Construction Finance, etc.
- Non-technical skills – Time Management, Communication Skills, How to structure and conduct a client meeting, Business Generation, Building & Analysing your Social Networks, Decision Architecture, & Reading Clients i.e. body language, tone of voice, facial expressions, articulation).
- Masterclasses are recorded and turned into learning modules for future viewing or revision
- Practical experience during the Academy Program, on average:
- Work on over 100 different lending scenarios
- Help build over 50 loan applications
- Take part in over 20 client meetings
Other points to note
- Every Academy member has a mentor from Day 1
- The Academy runs in classes with intakes twice a year. An Academy class contains multiple new entrants, which we feel is far more conducive for learning.
- Academy members are set up with 3 internal chat groups for further support: 1) their Academy class, 2) An Academy Alumni Group, and 3) A scenario Group contain over 18 current team members.
- Currently our digital learning library contains 2 learning pathways, which is made up of 21 separate modules, consisting of 43 individual videos, 11 other items of relevant learning material, 4 quizzes.